Why 100?

Last year I set out to read 100 books, but I ran out of time and only read 75. So this year, I will read one hundred books. And you're my witness :) The only thing stopping me this year is 9 seasons' worth of Seinfeld episodes- wish me luck!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

This was a great book: The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.  Set in 1940s Barcelona, it is a creepy little mystery/love story/book about books that I was shocked by at every turn.  A very mild Gabriel Garcia Marquez.... but overall, I'd recommend it.  But not, as my mom so kindly suggested, to read while you are house sitting or home alone for a long and stormy night.  Unless you want to feel creepy.

Back to my day-to-day:  whatever happened to just laying around and being a lazy bones all day?  Every time I try to do that- and believe me, I try a lot- I just end up getting all sad and antsy and upset at the world.  Why can't I just watch a marathon of TV or a stupid movie while I lay there?  I think it is living with my parents that have made me this way.... unable to just be a slug for an entire day.  My dad had the audacity to ask me why i was laying around inside when it was so beautiful outside that other day.  As if he were outraged.  Big diff, it has been nice out for like 3 months straight, what does it matter if I take one or two days to go into the bat cave?

No comments:

Post a Comment