Why 100?

Last year I set out to read 100 books, but I ran out of time and only read 75. So this year, I will read one hundred books. And you're my witness :) The only thing stopping me this year is 9 seasons' worth of Seinfeld episodes- wish me luck!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

#4: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon


Hey everybody- I'm BAAAAACCCCKKK! it took me a long (loooonnnngg) time to read this one (minus 3 pages), loaned to me by my dear and lovely (and newly married!) friend, katie. but i made it! finally. Dragonfly in Amber is book 2 of the Outlander series... i think there are five now, possibly six. The first book, Outlander, was an awesome, suspenseful, exciting, sexy, vivid book- truly amazing. the hundreds of pages flew by, but this book dragged a little bit- just a little! i still enjoyed it, and really am looking forward to the next, although it is even longer and i have school reading now-boooo!- so i am going to read a few shorties before i move along to Voyager.
This lovely orange book was good though. jamie, the stunning Highland hottie from the 1700s, and claire, our heroine (not the drug.... jame is the drug ;) the time jumping healer and married and claire is using her knowledge of the ancient (but now present) scotland wars and history stories to preserve her new highland friends. it's truly interesting to see how others live- in other time periods, different places, whatever. i love stepping into other cultures- if only for a minute. i would love to step into current day scottish culture, but into the olden days? so cool. and maybe hear a little gaelic? fair thee well, sassenach!

1 comment:

  1. Molly I love your review! It's basically perfect! Except you didn't mention all the amazing love scences depicted in the book! by the way I have a blog too! haha! I will send you the link through facebook! I only want my friends to read it! haha! anyway love this blog I will be tuning in every so often!

    ReplyDelete