Why 100?

Last year I set out to read 100 books, but I ran out of time and only read 75. So this year, I will read one hundred books. And you're my witness :) The only thing stopping me this year is 9 seasons' worth of Seinfeld episodes- wish me luck!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

#5: school days are here again


Teaching Poetry in High School

by Albert Somers


Alright, i hope you are guessing that this is a required reading selection. oh yes. it was my first dry and boring read of the year! hell yeah! ha ha it was okay- i would recommend it to a future english teacher, but that's about it :) but i guess thats why they made me read it.... it definitely gave me a new outlook on why we teach poetry and some new ideas of poems for students beyond the traditional haiku about snow falling... there were some great "guideline" sections and lesson plan ideas, which kind of make me excited. i can't imagine. woot woot for these english teachers in the making. oh man

No comments:

Post a Comment