Why 100?

Last year I set out to read 100 books, but I ran out of time and only read 75. So this year, I will read one hundred books. And you're my witness :) The only thing stopping me this year is 9 seasons' worth of Seinfeld episodes- wish me luck!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

48. The Lost Symbol

Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol
Creepy, but cool.  Lots and lots to think about.  I wish I would have sat down and written about it right away, but I didn't, so I'm working from memory here.  Luckily I scribbled down some brief thoughts on the book right away, so I'll just transfer them here (they might not make a whole lot of sense, but we'll see....)  while this book had some definitely creepy shit in it, it was a fascinating read.  dan brown is kind of sick to think up some of those cultish, murderous things that happen in this thriller, but he's also some kind of genius to be able to piece together ancient mysteries like this (i liked the da vinci code too).  anywho, here's my chickenscratch on the book that i just found:
if God is man- then He is not fair becaues humans can use the power of knowledge for good or evil.  If God is man, who says what "good" is?  Man can literally materialize things with their minds- the created becomes creator.  literally.  all religions encompass the idea that mand and God are created by each other....

*what does this mean?  i have no idea, but run with it, i'm curious to see what we all come up with here.

No comments:

Post a Comment