Why 100?

Last year I set out to read 100 books, but I ran out of time and only read 75. So this year, I will read one hundred books. And you're my witness :) The only thing stopping me this year is 9 seasons' worth of Seinfeld episodes- wish me luck!

Friday, February 5, 2010

#6: Hello Friday. Hello Hangover. Good bye Europe. Hello Adventures in Molly-Land.


alright, i didn't actually say good bye to europe, but i finished Bill Bryson's book about it:

Neither Here Nor There; travels in Europe by Bill Bryson

this was a great book. i wish today, the day that i finished this book, was as great. it was only interesting. let me just say i drank a wee bit too much last night, threw up half my weight, woke up today with a stomach ache and the worst heartburn/acid reflux i have ever experienced. luckily i was at the end of the book, so i didn't have to hear too much about bryson's drinking experiences, but the other days i have spent reading this, i really enjoyed it. he goes back today and retraces a journey he took as a young, wily 20 something in the 70s across europe. he starts in norway and makes his way through many touristy spots and other exciting and less touristy areas such as aachen, sofia, istanbul, paris, amsterdam, italy..... you get the point. it was witty and funny (not as funny as the office, which i have spent NUMEROUS hours watching today as i was a worthless piece of shit today. so much for grocery store and post office and campus blah blah blah..... oh well, no use fretting about it now) bryson has a funny take on life that i wish was more universal, as we would all be a bit more companionable. is that a word? sometimes people are too serious. some others aren't serious enough. he is a good mix. very snarky. very enjoyable. ooohh fuck my heartburn is really killing me, and i feel like i need to shower and then watch more office, however i am getting extremely sick of my bed (u know i have been on it all day) this past week has been an interesting week and i like to think of it as my own little 'travels in molly-land' ah the joys of being me. people i haven't seen, nor talked to very often since august, randomly text their way back into my life, then ask "what r u up to?" then "is it cool if i swing by?" ummm i dont know, you tell me weirdo. 20 minutes of awkward conversation with the office in the background, they left, saying "it was good to catch up" and giving me a hug. also happening in molly-land, i seem to have disregarded any sense of "i have to do homework and/or anything of value and importance." so we'll see how this goes. and now i am off to shower, watch the office, and convince myself that i do not, in fact, have enough money to order a pizza and/or italian food. well alright then.

p.s. the link i have included has clips from a show i watched this morning, "America's Cutest Dog." i shit you not, that is the actual show, and it is indeed filled with cute dogs. i almost lost my mind, and my favorites (bulldogs on the trampoline and border collie aerobics) are both on here. best waste of time EVER (well okay, for today)

No comments:

Post a Comment